Monday, May 23, 2016

Zollinger Adventures: Maine Edition of the Boston Chronicles

Prepare for another picture overload. Just prepare. 

After we did all the fun stuff in Boston, we drove up to Maine so we could really say we got the full New England experience. We stayed for one night in a seaside town outside of Portland at the Old Orchard Beach Inn, a cute little place built in 1730. Yeah, for realses. I took pictures, but somehow those get deleted off my phone before they uploaded to my cloud drive. Dag nabbit! Anyway, this is what it looks like:

 Image result for old orchard beach inn portland me

The Maine coast was beautiful, and I saw my first lighthouses! We took a TON of pictures of The Headlight. It is one of Maine's most iconic lighthouses, commissioned in 1790 by the one and only George Washington. So, without further ado, here's the picture overload, as promised. I have a hard time limiting pictures, okay?! 













When we get back to Florida, we're going to do some kind of wall with printed out photos we've taken of all the fun things we've done on the East Coast...and I'm sure we'll add some of the beaches in Florida, too. I'm really excited to have such fun pictures of photos I actually took! 

After the Headlight, we did the waterfront shops in Portland. If you ever happen to go there, by all means, make every effort to go to Gorgeous Gelato. It's a little shop started by a family that came here straight from Milan, and it is the best thing I have ever put in my mouth, no contest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment