Friday, July 20, 2018

Elsa Dress

Just a quick sewing update post so I can shamelessly pin my own sewing to a Pinterest board!

A good friend asked if I could make her daughter an Elsa inspired play dress for her fourth birthday, and this is the result! Of course, it is Oliver + S Building Block Dress to the rescue again. I love how you can personalize the pattern so it turns out exactly how you want.

I was lucky enough to find some sparkly white fabric and rick rack. I went to a couple different stores before I landed on this PERFECT blue fabric as well. I didn't want to just go plain blue, and this pattern is kind of Nordic-y, which I think is fun.





This dress features double layered flutter sleeves, an invisible zipper, a shaped yoke with trim, a box pleat, waist seam pockets, and an exterior facing hem. I did have some trouble with getting that facing on without puckers, but it turned out okay in the end.

I've never been very good at bows, but I put this one together for R's birthday gift from Brynn.



Happy Birthday, R! I hope this dress brings you through many Frozen adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment