Saturday, December 2, 2017

Family Pictures

One thing I've always wanted to do in Jacksonville is take family pictures at the beach. But all in all, I've been too cheap to take family photos very often in the past (read: I've never paid for family photos). But my good friend Enge is so talented and so reasonably priced and just so wonderful that we finally got our lovely, pink-tinged, salty, windy, happy family photos on the beach.



And I love them! I tried to pick just my favorites to post here but that's still a lot, so just bear with me. 





Darling girl. 




Isn't this ocean-battered pier just so cute? Props to Enge for finding it! 




I love this one. So happy to have captured all her happiness. 


Collecting shells. 



Just look at this handsome guy. Greg is a pretty photogenic dude. Enge took one picture and was like "Well...that's perfect." 





Now, I'm not so photogenic. After about 200 tries we got a decent picture of me, though. Yes, the wind on the beach blew out my curls, and I was too lazy to do fancy pancy make-up (not that I really know how?) But I like this picture of me anyway. It looks like me. 


Fun fact: I made Brynn's dress! I have this fantastic book from Oliver and S called Building Block Dress. It teaches you to alter a dress pattern in basically any way you want, and I love it. I knew I wanted to do mint and pink, and I found this material on sale and decided to go for it. It only takes me a couple of days to whip out a dress now! A far cry from five years ago when I had pretty much no idea how to work a sewing machine, much less read a pattern. I'm kinda proud of myself, and now I can make exactly the dress I want for less than $10. 



Gosh, we love our little family. And we love living in such a beautiful place. Florida is good to us. This sunshine-soaked place is where we need to be right now, and I'm so glad we have pictures of this beautiful time in our lives. 

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are all so beautiful! Great job on Brynn's dress!

    And I love what you said about your picture looking like you. No fancy makeup, just you. You look beautiful, and I think we often feel like we have to do ourselves up to look special when those who love us want just that - us. Thanks for that reminder today.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are beautiful! What a cute family. I may just move to the beach to take some great pictures.

    ReplyDelete