Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Happy Easter!



For FHE on Monday we dyed Easter eggs! It is so fun for Greg and I to finally get to do all this fun holiday kids stuff. Greg was quite afraid that Brynn would spill dye all over our table/carpet/chairs/whatever, which I have to admit was a pretty legitimate fear, considering she's a one year old with a fervent love for throwing food, but all in all it was a great success. 


Brynn was initially pretty confused about this whole egg dipping thing, but she seemed to catch on and enjoy it. 


We tried to get her to color the eggs with crayons too, but that mostly evolved into her smashing them on the table. 


The cutest little egg-dyer I ever did see! 



Some of our finished products. Hey, we never said we were actually good at this. Also I don't know what I'm doing with my hands in this picture. 



Even though she was confused at the get-go, she got pretty attached to her brightly color eggs as the night when on. This is Brynn refusing to go to bed because she was sad we put the eggs in the refrigerator. 


It was a fun start to our Easter week. I've been studying what connection Easter eggs have to the Atonement and the Resurrection, because I'm going to talk about it with the primary kids at our ward egg hunt on Saturday. Eggs are a symbol of new life, and they initially were dyed red to remember the blood of Jesus Christ. The hard shell also symbolizes the tomb--a tomb that can be broken and eventually be empty. Matthew 28:6 - "He is not here: for he is risen, as he said." 

Easter has taken on new significance for me these past few years. Because of the love of Jesus Christ my family can be whole. I love celebrating this time of year and I hope we are always able to have meaningful traditions so that it is special for Brynn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment