Saturday, March 8, 2014

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Today Greg and I accomplished one of the goals we made in January by running in the Rex Lee Run at BYU.  Woot woot!



Heather's 5k Time: 31:46 
Heather's Place in her Age Group: 45th

I was pretty happy with this. This is a PR for me! Also, it's BUSY trying to work full time and do a Master's Degree, so I was kinda worried because I didn't feel like I really prepared. Even though this isn't like a stellar time, I was pretty proud of myself just for doing it! And hey, it's a good time for me, so whatev. It feels freakin' awesome to accomplish hard goals. This is how I feel: GO ME. 


Next time, I can focus on getting a better time :)

Greg's 10k Time: 50:36
Greg's Place is his Age Group: 6th 

Greg's goal was to get in the low 50 minutes, so he crushed that! And he was SUPER close to getting a medal! Greg has liked this running thing so much that he's signed up for his first half-marathon in April. I'm so proud of him and also I think he's attractive when he runs. 


One of my favorite things about the race was watching little kids run with their parents. Seriously, I was beaten by a couple of five-year-olds who were BOOKIN' it. It just was really fun to watch parents keep their kids motivated while they were running and to see families pull together for a cause. 


And who is this adorable baby girl in the pink sweatsuit who came sprinting around the track about 10 minutes after me and finished the race all by herself?


Who knows, but it was just one of the things that made this race today so fun. 

I think I will definitely do this again! 






2 comments:

  1. And you need to put the Phoenix Marathon on your radar--first Saturday in March of 2015. They have 10K, half and full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, yay, YAY!!! You're so awesome! And it looks like it was a beautiful day for the race, too. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete