Thursday, April 21, 2016

Sorry, Another Reading Post

So I read this book, Do No Harm. 


Also, I want to show you a picture of the guy who wrote it, because he kind of looks like a really smart turtle. 


See what I mean? 

I randomly came across this book when I was looking for books I wanted for Christmas last year. And last week I found it at the library. In the spirit of full disclosure, this book does have some swears. I really wish it didn't. It's a memoir by a British neurosurgeon. Maybe it sounds kind of boring, but it's totally not. I love reading books from smart people, and since I obviously don't know anything about brain surgery, this was just a really interesting read. He talks about what it's like to go into the brain and some of his patients and I just loved it. A quick read, but a great one. I appreciated his honesty, with himself and with the reader. I will never look at doctors the same way again, and I think that's a good thing. They are just fallible people doing their best. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving these posts about books you're reading! I have been looking for books to read and you are giving me so many ideas. And great job accomplishing your reading goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes, I totally agree with you that he looks like a smart turtle! Funny!

    ReplyDelete