Monday, November 11, 2013

Things That Make Me Happy

Allow me to romanticize and do some cheesy writing. Writing makes me happy.

(Other) Things That Make Me Happy

1.  I want you to do me a favor.  Listen to this song.  The whole thing.  Close your eyes.  Sit back on your couch, and just listen.  Let your mind wander and let your heart feel happy, and good, and peaceful.

I know what you are thinking.

I don't have time for this...

Yes you do.  You have 3 minutes and 44 seconds.  You have time.

I don't know where I originally found this song, but today it made me happy.  It always makes me think of beautiful things and I don't even know where they come from. An apartment in Europe that is quiet and simple, the ocean under an open sky, the moments when I am with my husband and thinking of nothing else.

Now, this song makes me think of my children as well.  I say, Listen, little boys.  This is beautiful.  This is called music.  It is beautiful.  And it teaches us there are still beautiful things in the world. 



2. Today I drove home from taking Greg to work.  I parked the car.  I felt so heavy.  I felt so old. But then out of nowhere the sun was shining.  It was so bright.  It hit my windshield perfectly.  I love the sun.  I hate dark and dreary winters.  Today Heavenly Father sent me sunshine and I closed my eyes and sat in the sun for as long as I could, and it was warm, and I cried.  For my family and for myself and because I love the sun.

3. Greg makes me happy.  Happier than anything else.  On Friday when I came home from work I stepped in the door to the smell of bread baking.  Greg made homemade pizza with homemade sauce, pepperoni, and Canadian bacon.



It doesn't get any better than this, my friends. 

4 comments:

  1. God is good. It's amazing how the little things can make all the difference sometimes.

    And what a beautiful song. You're right - that was 3 minutes and 44 seconds well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me happy Heather.
    And what a good guy Greg, the pizza looks delicious.
    This post made me miss you guys. I miss having you in our home. I made Alfredo for Mady's birthday and Reed said; "Remember when Greg and Heather would come over and eat with us, I miss that... Remember when Greg said it takes us so long to eat dinner, for Greg and Heather they just get to eat. I miss them". We all miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to play that song for Micah when he gets home from school today. Such beauty. Thanks for sharing.
    Your mom said you'll be home for Christmas? Can't wait to hug you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He must be a brother to Morgan! Steve must be a great husband who helps his family a lot, and his boys were watching. I'm glad you felt peace. Were the boys alive? I so mourn with you. Susan Andersen (Stephanie's mom)

    ReplyDelete